PDA

View Full Version : Equium A60-692: How to increase the performance?

Steve2000
02.03.2006, 14:56
My Laptop is so slow loading up, with the internet connection taking 5-6mins, it was never very fast when I bought it a year ago. Is there anything that can be done to speed things up.thanks

jmatthews
02.03.2006, 15:02
Hi,

Well for starters you can install more RAM, and a faster processor, assuming your computer supports a faster and better version of each, which it should. At this point download EZ-Cleaner and clean up your computer. This program will allow you to rid your computer of a lot of stuff you do not need, increasing overall performance. Also install a virus scanner and make sure that is not why your computer is running slow. As well as check out Adaware personal and make sure your computer is spyware free. Hopefully this improves the speed of your computer. Have a nice day :)

Jeffrey
02.03.2006, 15:52
Hi

First of all if the internet connection has slow data transmission so this issue has nothing to do with the notebook performance.
This notebook was delivered with the pentium 4-HT CPU 518 2.8GHz and 256MB internal memory. In my opinion you can upgrade the memory to 512 or 1024MB. This should increase the notebook performance. But generally the notebook has a good hardware performance.
The notebook takes several times to boot up because of background processes.
Check the task manager and if possible disable the not important processes.
Also the Norton Antivirus could be responsible for the long booting procedure. I have also installed the antivirus application and it takes several times to start the OS.

Steve2000
03.03.2006, 09:46
Thank you guys, I'm not too good on computers, but I'll certainly give it a try. Thanks again, Steve

mallington
24.03.2006, 12:29
Sorry for the delay in reply

I agree that a ram upgrade is allways a good thought, cleaning with some simple clean up programs helps, EZ Clean, Cleanup and CCleaner are the ones i use.

It is also worth running something such as Registry Mechanic occaisionally to ensure the Registry is in good order.

I personally use NoD as my AV partly for the performance, it does well in the tests but also for the speed it seems much faster than some "preinstalled" competitors which i would never use.

Hope this gives some thoughts

Marcus

Steve2000
24.03.2006, 12:49
Hi Marcus

Thanks for the reply, I will give it a go

Thanks again

Steve