PDA

View Full Version : Tecra 8100: OS installation issue - No recovery CD

mrsaxo
01.03.2006, 20:34
hi

can any body help me?
I have lost the opperating system of my laptop and I am having problems reinstalling it as i have no recovery disk just a windows 98 and windows xp disk.
when i try to install one off the it will go so far then stop.

Jeffrey
02.03.2006, 09:28
Hi

You can order the recovery CD from the Toshiba service partner in your country.
But usually it should be possible to install the OS from the original Microsoft CD. After this installation you should install the Toshiba drivers. The drivers you can find on the Toshiba driver page.

But nevertheless if itís not possible to install the original Microsoft OS so there must be fault with the HDD or with the cd. Maybe a scratch on the disk?
If the CD is ok so try to format completely the HDD. Delete also the partitions. Then start the installation procedure again.

tabbycat
05.03.2006, 17:54
Your best bet is to look for a recovery CD on eBay. Make sure you are buying the right version for your machine and that it is an original CD and not a copy. Windows 2000 was available on later models of Tecra 8100.

While you're at it, you may want to buy the Tools & Utilities CD also. This isn't essential, but would allow you to repair Windows by installing just the components you need.

The alternative is to install from a vanilla Windows 98 / XP CD and then install all the latest required drivers and utilities (download these from Toshiba).