PDA

View Full Version : Equium A80-128: pointer freezing up when coming out of standby

bushkj
28.02.2006, 12:26
I have persistent problems with the pointer freezing up when coming out of standby. I have to reboot to get it working again.Does anyone else experience this ? (I have also had two new hard drives fitted so far because of pointer problems !)

jmatthews
28.02.2006, 12:28
Check the Toshiba website for drivers. Think there is a quickfix engineering you can download to fix this problem.

bushkj
28.02.2006, 12:35
Thank you I will. Do you have a view on the overall performance of this machine, I find it incredibly slow, frequently "going to sleep" for no apparent reason etc. i have been really disappointed with it !

Eldorado
28.02.2006, 12:48
Hi

Did you install your unit with the Toshiba recovery CD?
On this CD you will find a Windows image with all drivers, tools and QFEs.
The QFEs (quickfix engineering) are Microsoft fixes which you can also find on the Microsoft websites.

But if you have installed the OS with Toshiba recovery image all should works without any problems.

jmatthews
28.02.2006, 14:07
Hi,

I find it is a good system, overall. The thing to do is make sure cookies are deleted often, and that you do not have a large amount of web page files being stored, as this can slow down your computer. Download EZ-Cleaner and delete any programs that run on start up, as these slow down your computer. If it goes to sleep alot go to Start->Control panel-> Toshiba energy saver and change the settings. Inside energy saver you can change the monitor to never turn off, never turn of hard disc, processor at highest mode and fan for cpu, etc etc. All to your liking. Let me know how it goes.

bushkj
01.03.2006, 11:12
Hi

Many thanks for the hints. Very helpful.

Kevin

bushkj
01.03.2006, 17:42
Hi

I have the original recovery disc which I have used a couple of times but the problem re-occurs after a few days of use and I get fed up with having to re-install everything ! I guess the problem is that the disc won't have any fixes subsequently introduced. Many thanks for the suggestion. Kevin

jmatthews
01.03.2006, 17:46
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know how it goes. Can you tell me how much ram is installed and the CPU speed? Perhaps a small upgrade would definitely improve the speed of your computer. Have a nice day!