PDA

View Full Version : Intel Pro 2200 - Satellite L10 – connection drops to 1 Mb/s

Cornelius-537730527
17.02.2006, 20:08
Hi
My notebook is L10-102 with Intel pro/wireless 2200 bg , when it connects internet by wireless it is instable. When I connect first the speed is 54 Mb/s and then it decreases to 1 Mb/s in 5 minutes. Sometimes it increases again but when it is 1 Mb/s I can not open any website. I tried the notebook with many modems (USR , zoom , airties etc.) My other notebook is stable while connected. I wonder is it is normal. If not is it a hardware or software problem?
Note: I updated the driver twice but it does not work.
Please help me
Kamburoglu H (M.D)

Andrej
20.02.2006, 13:16
Hi Cornelius

Meanwhile it is known that WLAN connection with this WLAN card is instable. On this forum you will find many topics with the same theme but without any precise explanation. Please try to install the latest Intel driver ( http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=1637&lang=eng) for this card. Maybe it will help in your case.

Barrie
23.02.2006, 14:13
Hi

Did you test it with new driver? Please report us about the results.

vellu
23.02.2006, 16:56
You should not install Intel drivers because that does not help. I have tested it. There is a problem with 802.1g and Toshiba will publish updated drivers for all models (which have intel wlan card). Actually there is updated drivers already for Tecra but not for Satellite. For other models.. well i don't know.

OEM Supplied vs. Intel® Generic Software:

It is recommended that you obtain and utilize the software provided via your laptop manufacturer.

Intel® is a supplier of laptop components and does not manufacture or sell complete laptop systems. The software provided by Intel below is a generic version. Each laptop computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. The software provided has not been verified by your laptop manufacturer as to compatibility or other operation.

Intel or the laptop computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this software.

laurent0001
27.02.2006, 14:57
The problem is that Toshiba drivers are much outdated compared to Intel. e.g. for Tecra WLAN device driver (Toshiba = 9.0.2.31, Intel = 9.0.3.9 and 9.0.4.8 now). Toshiba asked me to use Intel driver for Satellite to try fixing my connection timeout issue. Will try this.

vellu
27.02.2006, 17:28
Note! You cannot compare Toshiba version and with Intel versions. They are not sychronized.

Intel drivers cannot change some setting with toshiba chipset. Toshiba drivers can.