PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Pro A60 – can not insert a new Memory module

kilgour
02.02.2006, 17:40
Hi, I recently bought a 512mb RAM chip which is compatable with my Sat Pro A60 laptop. I have removed the memory module cover on the base of my laptop but I am struggling to insert the chip into the empty module. It is clear where the pins of the chip are meant to be inserted but there are 2 metal strips that are stopping the chip from going in. They do not move/slide etc and there is no way of pressing the chip into place.

Does anyone have any past experience of upgrading their A60 laptop because this is very frustrating! Sorry if my explanation of the situation is poor but it's hard to describe how the empty module looks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Paul Kilgour

Gipsyman
03.02.2006, 12:26
Hello

Unfortunately I’m not 100% sure what you mean. Usually it’s very easy to upgrade the notebook with the additional memory modules. I have checked the user manual which should be preinstalled on your unit and there you can find a instruction how to upgrade the memory. Please take a look in chapter 8.
Are you sure that you use a compatible module? These memory modules are compatible:

PC2700 256MB (PA3311U-1M25)
PC2700 512MB (PA3312U-1M51)
PC2700 1024MB (PA3313U-1M1G)

Well, if you are not able to upgrade the memory by yourself so you should ask the ASP for the help because a wrong procedure can damage the slots or/and memory module.

kilgour
03.02.2006, 12:56
Hi, thanks for the reply but I'm still none the wiser after reading the manual (I'm starting to feel really stupid now!!) It is one of those chips you listed so it's not incompatable.

In chapter 8 it says "Push the module down so that it lies flat and is secured by two latches". This is where I am having problems. The two latches are stopping the module from being pushed down because they are in the way. I have pressed relatively firmly and am pretty sure there's no way the module can go anywhere because the chip is sitting on top of these 2 latches and they don't move up or down.

Unless there is anyone out there who has a single clue what I'm going on about then it looks like I'm going to have to get a professional to do it!

Cheers, Paul

Gipsyman
03.02.2006, 13:08
Hello

I assume you talking about the latches and the ends of the memory slot. You have to widen the latches careful. There is no other instruction!