PDA

View Full Version : Equium A60: system is missing or corrupt

Nix
01.02.2006, 19:30
My laptop is broke! It's saying \windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt and is asking me to use the origional set-up disk. The thing is, I don't have one. Where can I get one, or is there another way round this problem?

R2D2
02.02.2006, 10:31
Hi

You can buy this CD from the Toshiba service partner. It’s not very expensive. This disk includes the OS image and all Toshiba drivers & utilities.
The other way is to use a original Microsoft Windows. After the OS installation you should install all Toshiba drivers which are placed on the website.
Please note that the right installation order is needed.

PS: Before you recover your unit try to use a Microsoft ‘system restore’ tool

DawiDawiD
08.02.2006, 19:35
Hi!
I would like to know is it possible to change a video card or chip set or cpu i laptop Tochiba Equium A60 for higher?

Is any other way to get more better and faster graphic?

DawiDawiD
09.02.2006, 16:09
I need latest cathalyst to Ati Radeon 7000 IGP for Toshiba Equium A60

DawiDawiD
09.02.2006, 16:10
Hi!
I would like to know is it possible to change a video card or chip set or cpu i laptop Tochiba Equium A60 for higher?

Is any other way to get more better and faster graphic?

Pedro
09.02.2006, 16:20
Hi Dawid

It is not necessary o write the same a few times. Short answer: it is not possible to exchange CPU and graphic card.

The processors used in portables are connected to the system board using a process called TCP (Tape Carrier Package). This is a permanent connection method and is used in the interests of miniaturization and heat dissipation.

Graphic card is a part of mother board and can not be exchanged separately.

Bye

jmatthews
24.02.2006, 17:49
You can change the processor to one that is faster if it has the same FSB and Cache properties. The processor(CPU) are not soldered or affixed to the Mainboard in any way on the Toshiba A60. All of the other processors though are indeed affixed permanently, as Pedro pointed out. And if your particular A60 has a graphic card that is not integrated into the MB as is such A60's you might be able to find out if Toshiba makes an upgrade. But I do not think they do. They will generally send you the same Graphic Card that is currently installed.