PDA

View Full Version : Need USB Drivers for Equiem A60-173

NexusWR
19.01.2006, 13:13
Hi, I wonder if any of you can help me. I'm having problems with my USB ports. It doesn't want to recognise anything except a USB mouse that I use. It won't recognise any of the MP3 players i've tried to connect to it. I've done the troubleshooting and sometimes windows says the device is fine, and other times it says there is no driver installed. Trouble is I can't find a driver to download! Am I just being blind, i've looked at the driver page and can't see it!

Is it a driver problem? I don't see how it could be when it recognises the mouse no problem...
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Jeffrey
20.01.2006, 11:11
Hello

Generally you don’t need any USB drivers because Windows use the own USB drivers. Furthermore the USB ports are recognized properly in the device manager. In my opinion if the USB mouse works properly so the USB ports are ok. I suggest that the external devices need more as 500mA power.
Well I suggest to use a external power supply to solve this issue.

Nevertheless please go to device manager and select the USB root hub. Go to the properties and disable the option ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’ in the ‘Power management’ tab.

Bye

Mike30
26.01.2006, 15:39
Hi

Please try to use all USB ports. I presume that the external device has no enough power supply and because of that the external device is not recognized properly. You can try to make BIOS update but I don’t know if this can solve it.

Please be careful with BIOS update. A small mistake can destroy the BIOS chip.